Monday, April 21, 2008

Sacriledge

I've got my brother Laurie's (VK4VCC) FT-920 and FT-950 at the moment while he's in rented accomodation.

I'm off to Armidale tomorrow for a uni residential until Sunday and I needed some shirts ironed. While Donna, the XYL, was upstairs washing the dishes I ironed my shirts. Something I'm not averse to doing, since everyone knows that men make better cooks and ironers.

Anyway, I needed some music to listen to. What better choice than to use a radio that can hear clear around the globe. So I have the radio tuned to one of the local AM broadcast stations 4BH 882, easy listening music. I grew up listening to 4BH, before the FM stations started up. I've got to admit, I was surprised to hear them play David Bowie, they wouldn't have played him 30 years ago. Marcia Hines, then Elvis (the King) Presley brought me back to the 4BH I remember.

I promise I won't waste resources like this too often*.

73 de VK4VSP

*Just when I'm ironing.

No comments: