Saturday, April 19, 2008

Inverted V



Okay, it's not a radio, it's a hedge grasshopper (Valanga irregularis), but it does have antennae, looks like an inverted V.

This is what I'm supposed to be doing, mounting insects for an entomology assignment that I have due late next week. I have to have twenty-five specimens in the collection, so far I've mounted four (actually the grasshopper isn't finished). I still need to catch most of them.

The Holyland DX contest is on this weekend so I've got the radio on, N1MM software set up ready, and I'm tuning round the bands listening for Israelis. I almost got one earlier, but before I managed a QSO with him he got chased off by the ANZA net which was only 2KHz down from where he was CQing. I didn't hear him after that.

Anyway, I'm running out of pins for the insects and I'm hearing lots of DX out there tonight, so it's time to put the university stuff aside for the night and play radios.

73 de VK4VSP

Edit 20/07/2008: I should mention I'm not having a go at the ANZA net here. I often listen to them and they're a nice bunch of OMs and YLs.

No comments: