Thursday, May 1, 2008

ZS8T - update 1



Oops!

I'm not sure where I got the 5th May from (a bit of QRN between the eyes and the brain perhaps), but it's actually the 9th that Petrus is hoping to be QRV.

I've loosened the bolts and used the Armstrong method to rotate my antenna slightly. Whether it will make any difference or not remains to be seen.



There's a curious thing I've noticed when there's a DXpedition like this in progress. The DX clusters are supposed to be a way to let other hams know when a particular DX station is on air and where they're readable. So why do so many lids spot the stations with comments like "nothing heard". There's so much rubbish ends up on your screen it's hardly worth reading it.

And don't get me started on the guys that spot their mate down the street with comments like "59+ here", or "loud". Of course it is you idiot. It doesn't mean anyone else can hear him.

73 de VK4VSP

No comments: